The Caring Companions Program:
- provides a great opportunity for older adults being cared for at home to find companionship with a new friend; while family caregivers get a chance to take a short break (respite).
- Volunteers, called Caring Companions, visit with the participant in their home on a schedule that is agreeable to the volunteer and the caregiver. Generally, volunteers visit weekly for approximately two hours.
- All volunteers are screened and trained including an interview, a background check, reference checks and an orientation.
- Participants (care recipients) must be age 60 or older, able to be without medical care/restroom assistance for the duration of the volunteer’s visit. The home and participant must be safe for the volunteer.
- Services are offered across all of Larimer County, plus Windsor and Johnstown in Weld County.
- This is a free program, donations are accepted.
- VOA also offers a variety of services including Meals on Wheels, volunteer placement, handyman program, senior dining, and more.
- Contact the Volunteers of America Northern Colorado office at the number below or email email@example.com for these services.